Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Am I Entitled To?

Our government and nation have come to believe everyone is entitled to something: medicare, social programs, health care and many other things.  Politicians pledge to do something to get the vote out.  We are promised jobs, cash payments, and even money toward a funeral.  Strangely, the more we get, the more we want.  Our financial house of our government is bloated for such largess.

As a Christian, I have come to know I am entitled to death because of sin.  Those are real wages I have earned because of my rebellion against God.  Rebellion in the Bible is not just breaking his rules, but saying your rules have no business in MY life.  I will do what I want when I want it.  I also learned I am entitled to God's love because He CHOSE to love and cannot act in any other way.

On one hand death and the other hand love.  If I do nothing toward His Call to repentence then I am entitled to eternal death and separation from Him.  I wondered how a loving God could send me to Hell.  If I have chosen rebellion, then he grants my fullest desire--the absence of His presence for eternity.  This is truly HELL.  If I agree I deserve death but desire eternal life, I receive it by His Grace.  Nothing I do entitles me to this Grace because it is a gift, and no one is entitled to gifts--not even on a birthday.

This generation should be given a title like the generation when Regan was president.  It was called the "me" generation because people were only thinking about themselves and making money.  Now the "entitled" generation of this decade just wants Uncle Sam to give to them more and more.  Perhaps the same belief in entitlement makes people believe they are entitled to a God who just gives, and gives and gives with a little prayer.  They have not realized what they truly are entitled to---death.

No comments:

Post a Comment