Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Doing Church the Old-Fashioned Way

Paul tells us the church has been given various people such as apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers for the building up of the body so they can do the work of the church.  Last night Vicki and I met with the Marriage Team at the Vineyard to work with this band of committed Christians seeking to help others have a biblical marriage.  As we left Vicki remarked "I think we have found our place."

Churches are blessed by the Holy Spirit with gifts and talents not always given to pastors and it is a wise church who realizes these gifts are for the body to do the work it was called to do.  I like being a Chaplain and a member of a church.  Some have asked me if I miss pastoral ministry.  Ministry is where you find it.  I will be working with young and old couples to help them to have a Christian marriage and thus also to raise Godly offspring.

Professional clergy may be the way some denominations work, but Paul's ideal was the people work the minsitry.  I LIKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment