Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tests and Prayers

Today, Stefani goes for the national tests which determines how she did as a fourth grade home schooled kid.  If you ask Mom and Dad we would say exceptional.  However, the School Board of the county requires either this type of national test or another means to prove she has learned the material.  I can remember the names of all of my teachers from over forty years ago.  They labored hard to school me in the material I would need to graduate.  There was Mrs. Betty Highsmiith, sixth grade at Sadler Elementary.  She had trouble with this ADD kid and at one time made me sit right beside her desk to concentrate.  There was Mr. Harper and Mr. Amie, my seventh grade teachers who shared an apartment.  Mr. Amie taught us how to do practical jokes on Mr. Harper and Mr. Harper taught us they were not very funny. 

Yet, every time tests came around, I am sure the Prayer-O-Meter to God went sky-high.  This was a plea usually to ask from God something they already had if they had used it--a working mind.  I have a mentally challenged sister-in-law whose mental abilities have already been eclipsed by Stefani.  We remind her God has given her a gift of a mind to use.  When I got to college, I wanted to be there.  I was just an average high school student but believing God had given me the chance to be a college grad at 27, I worked hard.  Not having much money, I offered my grades to God as a tithe or offering.  Mrs. Cooper was the only teacher in college who gave me a C.  Oh well, I still worked hard.

Life is filled with tests.  Tests of ethics, morals and values along with tests which God sends to prove to us we have already been given everything we need to pass the School of Life.  Prayers are still needed because the tests of life have greater consequences---someone besides God may be watching to see if you are cheating during the test.  Every test has a grade in school, but God's tests are pass or fail.  Thank Him because he believes in make-up exams.   He does not grade on the curve but does allow us to make it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment