Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Will a Man Learn to Follow Directions Part II

Last night I took Vicki to her favorite restaurant for dinner for her birthday.  I can not tell you how many she has had because I have learned to follow directions in the past of this matter.  Tonight I am taking her out again to see a "chix flix" she has asked to see.  Also tomorrow I will clean the house and take our daughter to shop for her mom's special day and then the family will gather together to celebrate her birthday and her mother's which was March 1.

See a man can learn to follow directions when he loves the object of his heart.  Likewise, a follower of Jesus will do what he says from a heart filled with love for him.  Jesus said if we love him we will obey his commands.  If we only love ourselves we will follow the desires of a selfish heart.  The person then becomes the object of his own desires. 

My love of Vicki is eclipsed by the love I have for the Lord.  He teaches me to love her as the "weaker vessel" and to love her as Christ loves the church and was willing to give up his life for the church.  These are tough qualities but they could not come from an humanistic love for Vicki, but again my love for the Lord.

A man can learn new "tricks" to please a woman in his life, but it take a Christian man a real purpose to love his wife with a commitment to last through the better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health.  Thank you God for my wife and another year of her life to teach me to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment