Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Will a Man Learn To Follow Directions Part III

A few years ago I got a GPS for Christmas.  I told you traveling in West Virginia is by markers.  I don’t speak “marker” and got lost frequently.  Vicki bought it and after unwrapping presents that morning Stefani and I went outside to install it in my car.  When the voice came on it was a woman’s voice.  A quick-minded daughter of five years old informed me I now had three women to listen and take directions.  I said “Three?”  Stefani said, “Yes Daddy, me Mommy, and GPS!”

It is true a man who is blessed with a wife should listen to them.  Many man like the part a wife is to submit to her husband.  They forget the concept of mutual submission spoken by Paul in the verse directly ABOVE Ephesians 5:22.  Now in every organization a final decision might have to made, but a wise man will listen to the advice, feelings, and thoughts of his God-given wife.

Since they are the other part of the One-Flesh concept God makes when he unites the two, it would be foolish not to listen to her.  Also we are feed her and nourish her because no man hates his own flesh.  At times I wanted to protect her from the pains of ministry.  She hungered to help me.  One dealing with a potential health situation, I did not tell her I was seeing a doctor.  She felt I did not trust her.  Men, they don’t think like us and we need to remember to treat them as the “weaker vessel.”  It is not looking down but understanding they think, feel, and reason differently.  This gives us a different perspective—one which should be considered. 

The answer is we can learn to take directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment